Watch Video –
Printable recipe –
Full recipe –
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida, coriander seeds and ginger paste to it. Saute for a while on low-medium heat.
- Add green chilli and mix. Now add all the spices. Red chilli powder, dry mango powder and garam masala to it. Mix well.
- Add boiled-mashed potatoes to it and mix.
- Now add salt and fresh coriander to it. Mix well. The filling is ready. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
- Take gram flour/besan in a bowl. Add carom seeds, salt, turmeric and baking soda to it. Mix well.
- Now start adding water, small portions at a time and keep mixing. Prepare a little thick batter.
- At last add some oil to it and mix.
- This Consistency.
- When the filling is not too hot to handle, use your palm and make small balls out of it.
- Dip it into the batter. Coat it well.
- Now fry then in hot oil until golden brown. (Medium heat)
- Serve hot with chutney.