In this recipe I will show you how to make chilli idli or masala idli fry or stir fried idli recipe. This is an indo chinese idli recipe. This is a perfect recipe for the leftover idli. In this recipe I have used idli batter to make the idli but it can also be made instantly using rava. You can check out my recipe for rava idli here. Also I have deep fried the idli but if you want to make it more healthier you can stir fry them.
This chilli idli recipe is so tasty and perfect for evening snack. I prefer it with chai. This recipe is also good for the kid’s lunch box.
Hope you like this recipe from my kitchen. Let me know how was it in the comment section below and share it with your family and friends.
Watch video here –
Printable recipe –
Full recipe with step by step photos –
- Take steamed idli and cut each of them into 4 pieces.
- Deep fry them in hot oil at high heat until golden brown. Stir occasionally. Take out in a kitchen towel when done to remove excess oil.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Add roughly chopped onion and capsicums to it. Mix and stir fry them until slightly cooked. High heat all the time.
- Now add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and soy sauce to it. Mix well.
- Add fried idli to it and mix well.
- At last add vinegar, salt and spring onion (only green part) to it. Mix everything well. Turn off the heat and serve hot!