Panna cotta is a very popular Italian dessert served in every restaurant in Italy. Vanilla panna cotta is the most popular of all. Here I am giving it a twist by using fresh mango puree to make mango panna cotta. This is one of my favourite dessert to serve in the is season of mangoes. In this mango panna cotta, I prefer alphonso mangoes as they are very vibrant in colour and does not have any fibre.
In this recipe I will show you how to make mango panna cotta recipe at home. Mango panna cotta is also known as mango pudding. This mango panna cotta is very easy and quick recipe. It involves very less ingredients which are easy to remember. We obviously need mangoes for first layer, then heavy cream or whipping cream and milk for the second layer and gelatin or agar agar for setting it, thats it.
In this mango cotta recipe, I have used gelatin, but if you are a vegetarian you can use agar agar powder. The ratio of both agar agar and gelatin is same. Also the process is same if you use agar agar powder.
Last year I made strawberry panna cotta which was so refreshing so I thought why not make mango panna cotta in the season of mangoes.
Check out strawberry panna cotta recipe here.
This recipe requires 8 hours for setting the panna cotta as we are using 2 different layers. To save time you can also use only one layer of mangoes. If you are using two layers, always add the second layer only when the first layer is totally set.
Same when you are adding the fresh mangoes on top of the cream layer, make sure its fully set.
Enjoy this yummy mango panna cotta recipe from my kitchen and let me know how do you like it in the comment section below.
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
Detailed recipe with step by step photos –
- Add gelatin or agar agar to hot water. Mix well until dissolved.
- Take 3 medium sized mangoes. Cut them and make smooth puree in a mixer. Do not add water to it.
- Add this puree to the gelatin mixture and mix well.
- Take a muffin tray and place a towel on it. Now place glasses on it in a tilted position.
- Pour the mixture in it. Refrigerate it for 4 hours or until fully set.
- After 4 hours, check it if it’s fully set or not.
- Now heat a pan and add milk, heavy or whipping cream, sugar and vanilla essence to it. Mix well. Heat it until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Add gelatin to hot water and mix until fully dissolved. Add the cream mixture to it. Mix well and let it cool.
- Now place the glasses straight. Pour the cold mixture in it. Refrigerate it for 4 hours or until fully set.
- Take out the panna cotta from the refrigerator and check whether it’s set or not. Now add some finely chopped fresh mangoes on top of it.
- Serve chilled.