What is spinach corn sandwich ?
Spinach corn sandwich is prepared with cooked spinach and corn in white sauce. You can have them grilled or toasted, both tastes amazing. This yummy sandwich is very easy to make and because of corn and spinach, it is healthy as well.
Sandwiches are most popular breakfast and lunch snacks around the world, there are uncountable ways of making a sandwich, just combine two simple ingredient and you have this wonderful delicious dish.
It is portable or handy ,you can make it quickly and carry away and the best thing you do not need plate and spoon to have a bite of this delicious food.
Breads and vegetable are two ingredients which are easily available in any household, sandwich is a combination of perfectly stacked bread, vegetable and cheese. Either it can simply be prepared using 2 ingredients or you can even go haywire, start adding vegetables, spices, topping, cheese and it may just be potpourri of many things. To make a perfect sandwich you should know what kind of bread to use for the sandwich, selection of correct spices, sauces and cheese.
Sandwiches are popular among all age group whether they are vegetarian or non vegetarian, children love sandwich most and probably best food to give children in their lunch boxes. So it is a perfect lunch box recipe for kids.
Popularity of western food is growing among Indians specially in youngsters. India has one of the youngest population in the world around 65% population is below 35 years, some fast food international chains are popular and welcomed by youngster, and continuously expanding their business even to small cities. You will also find western food stalls of pizza, sandwich, burger at road side near collages, schools and IT parks.
Some of the cafe’s and fast food chains like Starbucks, CCD are serving healthy foods items. Spinach corn sandwich is the kind of sandwich we find in Starbucks and cafe coffee day. Its yummy and different and guess what, healthy as well. A cup of caffe latte with spinach corn sandwich is my all time favourite pickup.
A sandwich filled with green vegetables with glass of juice is a perfect meal for breakfast or lunch. Indian version of sandwich is more spicy and has lots of Indian spices, we generally use green chutney, ketchup, chilli sauce in sandwich.
Today I am preparing spinach corn sandwich, which is very good for kids, this tasty and healthy bite is good way to give their share of green. You can make it more healthy by adding other vegetable and replace white bread with whole-wheat bread.
Nutritions in corn and spinach –
Corn and spinach both have several health benefits, corn contains fair amount of fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. Spinach is excellent source of iron, folate, vitamin and minerals.
How to make spinach corn sandwich?
The procedure of making spinach corn sandwich is easy and quick, boil corn kernels and add chopped spinach sauté for some time now add species like oregano, dry basil, garlic granules and salt pepper keep mixture aside, to give that creamy flavour i made white sauce now mix spinach corn mixture to white sauce, quantity of filling is enough for 4-5 sandwiches, take breed and spread mixture and grill sandwiches.
Important notes –
1. If you do not have sandwich maker you can use pan and toast the bread instead of grilling.
2. You can replace white bread with whole-wheat bread.
3. You can use cheese slice instead grated cheese.
I have also shared 4 quick breakfast recipes, check that out.
Also checkout more quick and easy sandwich and breakfast recipes such as grilled cheese sandwich, tomato pepper sandwich, chilli cheese sandwich, pinwheel sandwich, bread upma, rava toast , oats uttapam and brown bread.
Try this yummy sandwich from my kitchen and let me know how do you like it in the comment section below.
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
Detailed recipe with step by step photos –
- Heat a pan and add oil in a pan.
- Add boiled sweet corns to it and saute.
- Add chopped spinach/palak to it and mix.
- Add oregano, basil, garlic granules, chilli flakes, black pepper and salt to it. Mix well.
- Cook untill spinach/palak is cooked and left all the water. When it dries up, transfer to a bowl.
- Now heat a pan and add butter to it.
- Add flour/maida to it.Cook for one minute.
- Add Milk to it. Boil till it becomes thick. Keep stirring.
- Add black pepper to it and mix. Turn off the heat and add it to the spinach mixture. Mix well.
- Now add shredded mozzarella cheese to it. Mix well.
- Take bread and apply butter on both sides. Apply prepared filling on the buttered part.
- Place another bread on it. Apply butter on other bread as well.
- Grill it on the sandwich maker or on pan.
- Cut in halves. Serve hot!