Chapati noodles is a delicious recipe prepared with chapati (Indian Flat Bread), this is better way to utilise leftover chapati. Chapati is cut to the long strings and cook with vegetables like capsicum, carrots, onion and sauces.
Whenever I have left-over chapati and vegetable, chapati noodle is my first choice to prepare. It is so easy and quick to prepare. In this post I will show you how you can best utilise leftover chapati to make delicious chapati noodles with simple cooking instruction and step by step photos.
Chapati is integrated part of indian culture and is staple food for Indians. Supper is not complete if one does not have chapati in their meal. It assures completeness and in recent study , It helps diabetes patients and reduces blood pressure if included in daily diets.
Chapati noodles are good for kids lunch box as it is made with chapati which is absolutely healthy and it is a great way to feed chapati to your kids. You can add more veggies like carrots and bell pepper to make it more healthy.
Chapati is regular Indian food. It is prepared every day at my home and most of the time we have left over chapati next day. So my mom always tries to utilise them with new dishes. Chapati noodles is one of the way I also like to make chapati bhajiya, chapati poha, chapati nachos with left over chapati.
I love to have these noodles as evening snacks and some time as a lunch. Kids usually bored with regular chapati-sabji so prepare this innovative dish for your kids lunch box and give makeover to simple chapati.
Chapati noodles recipe is so easy to prepare. You do not need any special ingredient for making it. Chapati noodles is prepared with left over chapati and vegetables. I love to include as many vegetable possible. For making chapati noodles cut chapati into the long strips forming noodles.
Thinly slice vegetable like onion, capsicum and cabbage. You can add more vegetables like ball peppers, beans and carrots. First hot some oil in kadhai add onion and chilli and saute for some time. Add capsicum, when it turn soft add cabbage and saute.
Add sauces like red chilli, tomato and soya sauce mix well. Finally add chapati strips and mix and it is done. simple and easy chapati noodles are ready to enjoy.
- Chapati noodle is best made with left over chapati.
- You can adjust chapati string size.
- You can add more vegetables like red, yellow ball pepper.
- Adjust vegetable quantity according to your liking.
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
chapati noodle recipe step by step with photos –
- Take 3-4 chapati, place them in one by one layers.
- Roll cylindrical and cut thin slices. Separated Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, Add thinly sliced onion and slit green chilli.
- Stir and fry until translucent.
- Add sliced capsicum, stir and cook for 5-6 minutes on high heat.
- When capsicum turn soft add thinly sliced cabbage, cook until turn soft.
- When it is done, add salt and sauces like tomato sauce, red chilli sauce, soya sauce and vinegar. Mix all ingredient well.
- Add chapati noodles and give it a good mix.
- When all ingredient comes together switch off the heat.
- Chapati noodles is ready.