In this recipe I will show you how to make restaurant style paneer butter masala at home. This recipe gives a delicious and creamy paneer curry. I am preparing this recipe since 2-3 years. I used to make a lot of different versions of this recipe but it was always time taking. So I have made it much simpler and easy to follow.
As the name says paneer butter masala, this recipe definitely needs butter and cream. If you are very health conscious, I would suggest to skip the cream and add hung curd or greek yogurt in place of cream.
Also restaurant style recipes are a combination of sweet and sour so I have added honey. Many people says you should not add honey in warm food, if you believe that feel free to use sugar instead of honey.
Most of the people make this recipe by frying onion and tomato paste. This recipe is so different from other paneer butter masala recipes because i have boiled all the ingredients used in water then I blended it to make a smooth puree. Also i haven’t sieved the prepared puree through a sieve, but you can do that if you want restaurant like smooth consistency.
Also to avoid using synthetic food colour in this recipe, I have used dry red chillies. These red chillies gives really nice natural colour to the recipe. If you don’t want spicy gravy, you can skip this step also.
Hope you like this recipe from my kitchen. Please leave the comment and do not forget to share it with your family and friends. Enjoy!
Watch video here –
Printable recipe –
Full recipe with step by step photos –
- Take a deep pan and add water to it. Add roughly chopped ginger, garlic, cashews and cardamom to it.
- Add dry red chillies, roughly chopped onions and tomatoes to it.
- Cover it and boil for 15 minutes. When done, let it cool and blend it smooth.
- Now heat a pan and add oil to it. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala to it. Quickly mix it, do not burn.
- Add the prepared puree to it immediately. Mix well.
- Now add 1 cup of water to it. Mix well. Cover it for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Take out the lid and stir it.
- Now add salt, butter and kasoori methi(dry fenugreek leaves) to it. Mix well.
- Add honey to it. Mix well and cover for 2 minutes.
- At last add fresh cream to it and turn off the heat. Mix well.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and add paneer to it. (Dip the paneer in hot water for 5 minutes then add to the curry). Serve hot!