In this recipe I will show you how to make cabbage manchurian or veg manchurian dry recipe. This is one of the most popular veg Indo – Chinese recipe served in most restaurants in India. Manchurian is served as starter as well as main course. The manchurian in starter is always dry and the manchurian in main course is always with gravy. I have also made veg manchurian gravy, check out the recipe here –
For cabbage manchurian, we need to make the balls first. The balls should be of proper round shape and deep fried until golden brown.
In restaurants, they add red food colour to the mixture to make the balls more red in colour. You can also do the same, but I prefer not to add colour in the mixture because anyways while frying you will be adding lots of ketchup and chilli sauce which gives a really nice red colour.
To make this recipe more spicy, you can soak some dry red chillies in hot water for 15-20 minutes, then blend it and add it while frying. This chilli paste gives a good red colour and perfect spiciness to the cabbage manchurian.
Also while preparing the mixture, always squeeze out the extra water from cabbage and carrots otherwise the mixture becomes really moist or wet and you have to add a lot of maida and cornflour to it. If you add too much of maida/flour and cornstarch, the manchurian balls becomes chewy.
Hope you like this veg manchurian dry or cabbage manchurian from my kitchen. Do not forget to leave the comment and share it with your friends and family. Bon Appetite!
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
Detailed recipe with step by step photos –
- Take grated cabbage and carrots in a bowl.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, black pepper, chilli powder, soy sauce, salt, all purpose flour (maida) and corn starch/cornflour to it. Mix well.
If the mixture is too wet, add some more corn starch and flour to it.
- Now rub some oil between your palms and take a small portion of the mixture. Roll it to make small balls. Prepare all the balls at once.
- Fry it in hot oil on medium-high heat until golden brown. Take them out in a kitchen towel or tissue to remove excess oil.
- For frying it, heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped ginger-garlic to it. Stir it for a while.
- Add finely chopped onion to it. Fry it until translucent.
- Add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and soy sauce to it. Mix well.
- Now add corn flour mixture to it (add some water in corn flour/corn starch and mix). Mix well.
- Add vinegar and little water to it. Mix.
- Drop the prepared manchurian balls to it. Mix.
- Add some spring onions. Mix and turn off the heat.
- Garnish it with some more spring onions and serve hot.