In this recipe I will show you how to make vegetable cutlet or vegetable chops. This is one of the popular recipes from Kolkata. This cutlet is super yummy and healthy as it contains beetroot and carrots which are rich in iron and vitamins.
Enjoy this yummy recipe from my kitchen and let me know how do you like it in the comment section below.
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
Detailed recipe with step by step photos –
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chillies to it. Mix.
- Add chopped onion and fennel seeds to it. Fry it until onion becomes translucent.
- Add grated beetroot and carrot to it. Mix well.
- Now add all the spices, red chilli powder, garam masala, amchoor or dry mango powder, cardamom powder and salt to it. Mix well. Cover and let it cook until soft. Stir occasionally.
- Take off the cover when done and add boiled-mashed potatoes to it. Mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and fried peanuts to it. Mix well and turn off the heat. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Prepare the dip by adding water in flour/maida and mix it until you get flowing consistency. Keep it aside.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, take a small portion of it and roll it between the palms to make the desired tube like shape. You can give it any shape you want.
- Now dip the cutlet into the prepared dip, take it out using fork and roll it in the bread crumbs. Cover it nicely and remove the excess bread crumbs. Repeat this process one more time.
- Prepare all the cutlet at once and refrigerate it for minimum 15 minutes. You can also freeze them upto one week.
- Fry them in hot oil on medium heat until golden brown. Stir continuously.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup. Bon appetite.