Cough candy or cough drops are so easy to make at home that you will never buy any medicine from outside for sore throat and cold. It’s really effective for sore throat and cold. This cough remedy candy drops are made with all the good ingredients like ginger, cloves, lime juice and honey. These ingredients are really good for sore throat and gives immediate relief in pain. You can also add black pepper powder to it.
It’s upto you what you want to add and what you want to skip. It only take 15 minutes to cook cough candies and 10 minutes to set it. That’s why its a very easy and quick cough drops recipe. These candies are also known as ginger candy. I love this cough drops or cough candy so much that I eat it without having sore throat or cold.
You can also make these ginger candies for kids, they will love it so much. Also it’s homemade and good for health so it’s preferable over store brought candies.
In this recipe I have used fresh ginger but you can also use dry ginger powder in place of that. I don’t like the taste of dry ginger so I use fresh ginger for this recipe.
Hope you like this cough drops or ginger candies from my kitchen. Let me know how you like it in the comment section below. Enjoy!
Watch video –
Detailed recipe with step by step photos –
- Take a pan, add sugar and water to it.
- Take grated ginger or ginger paste and use a spoon to squeeze out the juice. Add this juice to the pan.
- Add crushed or powdered cloves, lemon juice and honey to it. Mix well. Boil it on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- To check whether it’s done or not, take water in a bowl and drop some syrup in it. If it becomes like candy means it is done. Turn off the heat.
- Now take the hot syrup in a spoon and drop small portion of it on the parchment paper. Make as many as you can. Let it set for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar using a strainer on the candies (This is to prevent candies from sticking together). Take off the candies from the parchment paper and cover it from all the sides with powdered sugar.
- Store them in an air tight container. Enjoy!