A crispy and cheesy plate of appetizers!
Jalapeno poppers are a plate of delicious small balls that are crispy outside and spicy and cheesy inside. This Mexican snack has its roots and is a modified variant of another Mexican appetizer “Chiles Rellenos“.
Moreover, Jalapeno Poppers are very easy to make just like the potato cheese balls. We add the pro ingredient to the potato mash with other spices and cheese fillings then coat them in slurry and deep fry or bake them according to our liking!
Now let us have a quick look at how to make this crispy and cheesy appetizer at our homes!
A quick bite of the jalapeno poppers recipe
Firstly, cook and mash some potatoes. To this, add chopped or sliced jalapenos (I have used canned jalapenos for this recipe) along with spices like chilli flakes, oregano, salt and black pepper powder. Finally, add cornflour and bread crumbs. Mix the ingredients well. The main mix for the crispy Jalapeno Poppers is ready!
Secondly, to coat the potato balls and make them crispy, prepare a maida slurry. For this, take all-purpose flour in a bowl with a little amount of salt and black pepper powder. Add the required amount of water and prepare the slurry to coat and fry the jalapeño poppers.
Now, take the potato mix mash and make them into small round balls. Then flatten the balls and place a small cube of mozzarella cheese in the centre, you can also use cheddar cheese cubes as well. Then wrap them into balls again. Finally, coat them in the maida slurry and breadcrumbs and freeze the balls for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can use crushed cornflakes or semolina as well. In conclusion, deep fry and serve the cheesy balls hot!
Other mouth-watering appetizers that are a must-try!
Every monsoon make us demand some warmth for ourselves and push us into self-pampering with some spicy condiments!
Thus, to make your evening munch time amazing, we present you with the most delicious snack recipes like jalapeno poppers that are easy to prepare and eat!
Bread 65– A plate of crispy fried bread pieces tossed in delicious and juicy spices and sauces.
Chicken popcorn– A bowl of KFC style spicy and crispy chicken nuggets is an absolute go-to for a healthy evening munch.
Paneer tikka– A classic North Indian appetizer with ground spices and charred to have the savoury factor till the last bite.
Schezwan bread bombs– Another spicy and crispy cheese bomb made from bread and with the stuffing of schezwan sauce and spices.
Matar ki kachori– A conventional street snack fry with stuffing made from peas masala.
Pro tips to make the poppers delicious!
- Firstly, to retain the Mexican twist to the Jalapeno Poppers, you can also add olives and sweet corn kernels to the balls. These will elevate the taste too.
- Secondly, in case of unavailability for mozzarella cheese, you can always opt for processed cheese cubes. Or you can also grate these while making up the potato mash mix for the cheese balls.
- To give the crispy outer part a little twist, you can coat the popper balls with crushed maggie, or vermicelli or semolina.
- Also, do not make the slurry too thin or too thick. This may affect the outer coat and the crispiness of the balls.
- You can also bake the poppers oil-free! Just longitudinally slice the jalapeños and deseed them. Then prepare the cheese spice stuffing, coat with bread crumbs and bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Refrigeration is very important, so don’t skip that.
The video of the recipe of Jalapeno Poppers
Print your cheese balls recipe here!
- 3 Boiled potatoes Large
- 3 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 10 Jalapenos Finely chopped
- Handful Coriander leaves Finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 cup Bread crumbs For the mix and outer coating
- 1 cup All-purpose flour Maida
- Water As required for slurry
- Mozzarella cheese In small cubes
- Oil To deep fry
- Firstly, mash the boiled potatoes. To this, add 2 tsp of salt with 1/2 a tsp of black pepper powder.
- Then add 2 tsp of chilli flakes and oregano and start mixing the ingredients with the potato mash.
- Now add the jalapenos with 4 tbsp of cornflour and a cup of bread crumbs and a handful of coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients and bring them to a dough-like consistency to make balls.
- Now, for the outer coating, take a cup of all-purpose flour with a tsp of salt and 1/2 a tsp of black pepper powder.
- Add the required amount of water and beat the slurry till it attains a semi-liquid consistency.
- Now make small balls from the potato spice mash and flatten them. In the centre, place a small cube of mozzarella cheese and wrap them into balls again.
- Then coat the balls on all the sides in the slurry and toss them around in the bread crumbs.
- Freeze the balls for 15 minutes so that they do not disperse or break while frying.
- When freezing is done, deep fry them at high flame till the balls turn golden brown. Finally, serve the poppers hot with ketchup or mayo on the side!
The detailed recipe of crispy jalapeno poppers with step-by-step instructions and images
- Firstly, mash the 3 large boiled potatoes for the Jalapeno Poppers.
- To this, add 2 tsp of salt, with 1/2 a tsp of black pepper powder. Then add 2 tsp of oregano and red chilli flakes and start mixing the ingredients well.
- Secondly, add the Jalapeños with 4 tbsp of cornflour and a cup of bread crumbs.
- Finally, add a handful of coriander leaves and mix all the ingredients well like a dough.
- Meanwhile, for the slurry preparation of the outer coat, take a cup of maida.
- To this, add a tsp of salt and 1/2 a tsp of black pepper powder. Then add the required amount of water and prepare the slurry without any lumps.
- Thirdly, make small balls from the potato mix and flatten them. To these little discs, place a cube of mozzarella cheese in the centre and roll them into cheese balls again.
- Then coat the cheese balls in the maida slurry and bread crumbs and freeze them for 15 minutes.
- Finally deep fry the cheese balls at high flame till they turn golden brown.
- In conclusion, serve the Jalapeno Poppers hot with ketchup or mayo.