Paneer wrap recipe
Paneer wrap is a famous street-side snack that is now also available in restaurants as well as cafes. It is a simple yet delicious dish of paneer, veggies as well as delicious sauces. Some types of paneer wraps include paneer kathi roll, chilli paneer roll, paneer shawarma roll, paneer tikka wrap etc. This recipe is hugely popular with children and so is perfect for lunch boxes.
In this recipe, we will prepare a paneer filling using veggies like cabbage, onion, capsicum etc. and also a coleslaw using mayonnaise and lettuce. Coleslaw is a side dish that is prepared using salads like lettuce or cabbage and salad dressing or mayonnaise. There are three steps in the making of this dish- prepare paneer filling, prepare coleslaw and fill the tortilla wrap with the fillings to make a wrap.
These delectable rolls bursting with the flavours of paneer and other spicy fillings are worth dying for. They are super easy to make and take less than 20 minutes.
So, do try this mouth watering recipe which is perfect for breakfast, snacks and even weekend dinner meals. Also read the tips to make the perfect dish.
Paneer wrap variation
We Indians love spicy food and this wrap has delicious and spicy filling. Paneer wrap is delicious and easy to make. Here is a paneer tikka wrap variation that you can also try. It is a paneer tikka wrap made by marinating paneer and adding veggies to it. To make paneer tikka wrap add curd, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste. Then add spices like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, black pepper powder, garam masala etc. and add paneer cubes to the marinate. Keep the marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes and then roast on a tawa. Fill the tortilla wrap with paneer filling and paneer tikka wraps are ready. You can also add coriander chutney and coleslaw to the wrap. Try this paneer wrap recipe for an Indian twist.
Yummy paneer recipes to try
After trying this yummy roll, do try these paneer recipes as well-
- Hariyali paneer tikka roll– a wrap with a delicious paneer filling made using mint leaves, coriander leaves etc.
- Matar paneer recipe– onion tomato gravy dish made using paneer and peas that is everyone’s favourite.
- Paneer tikka recipe– delicious paneer dish which is made in marinate of spices, hung curd, onions, capsicum and grilled in a tandoor or on a pan.
- Shahi paneer recipe– the best paneer gravy that is every Indian’s favourite. It was originally a meat based dish and was originated by the Mughals. Shahi paneer is made using yoghurt, curd, spices and onion-tomato gravy.
- Paneer Korma recipe– It is a gravy dish that is made using cashew paste and yoghurt. You can also add peas to the paneer korma.
- Malai Kofta recipe– deep fried dumpling balls made using paneer and potatoes in an onion-tomato gravy with spices.
- Palak Paneer recipe– It is a healthy paneer dish made using spinach and served with roti or paranthas.
- Use fresh cottage cheese (paneer) for preparing the paneer wrap.
- You can also add the cheese to your wrap to make it tastier.
- Use fresh tortilla wraps to make the paneer wrap recipe otherwise it can break while folding.
- You can make your own tortilla wraps as well instead of using store-bought wraps.
- You can add the vegetables of your choice to the recipe like- bell peppers, corn etc.
Do I need to soak the paneer?
You can soak the paneer in water for 10 to 15 minutes to make it soft if you are using refrigerated paneer.
Is there an alternative for tortilla wraps?
Yes, you can also use chapati or parathas if you do not have tortilla wraps. They tastes good as well.
Is coleslaw necessary?
Coleslaw gives a crunchy and creamy texture to the roll but if you want you can skip the coleslaw.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 small capsicum chopped
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 200 g paneer
- 2 tbsp schezwan chutney
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
For the wrap
- Tortilla wraps
For roll filling
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add capsicum and fry on high heat
- Add cabbage and fry it on high heat as well.
- Add salt, black pepper and paneer to the pan. Fry on high heat for 2 minutes
- Add schezwan chutney and mix until everything is coated.
- Turn off the heat and keep the filling aside.
- Take chopped lettuce and add mayonnaise.
- Mix it well and keep it aside.
Assembling the wrap
- Fill the tortilla wrap with paneer filling and coleslaw.
- Fold to make a wrap, cut into two parts and wrap is ready.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step by step instructions for paneer wrap with photos
For paneer wrap filling
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Add 2 chopped onions and fry them until translucent.
- To the pan, add 1 chopped capsicum and fry on high heat.
- Now add 1 cup shredded cabbage and fry it on high heat as well for a few seconds.
- Add ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and 200 grams paneer to the pan. Mix everything well and fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp schezwan chutney and mix until you coat everything with the schezwan chutney.
- Turn off the heat and keep the paneer wrap filling aside.
- Take 1 cup chopped lettuce in a bowl and add 2 tbsp mayonnaise. Mix it well and keep it aside.
Assembling the paneer wrap
- Take a tortilla wrap and add the filling as well as the coleslaw in the centre of it.
- Fold the tortilla to make a wrap. (refer video)
- Cut the wrap into two parts and so your paneer wrap is ready.
- Serve and enjoy!