Chocobar ice cream recipe
You can find this ice cream in every nook and corner. All the ice cream vendors and ice cream shops sell chocobar ice cream and this classic is everyone’s favourite. This delicious and creamy ice cream takes you back to the good old days when we used to eat chocobar ice cream as a kid. Now you can make this sweet treat at home easily, without worrying about expensive ingredients. Chocobar is a delightful ice cream with a creamy vanilla flavour ice cream inside and a rich chocolate coating on the outside.
This recipe will help you make chocobar ice cream for your family and friends without using cocoa powder, cornflour and even without cooking. You can use nuts to garnish the ice cream and also give it a nutty twist.
How to make chocobar ice cream?
To make chocobar ice cream, all you need is a few basic ingredients- whipping cream, condensed milk and chocolate. Beat the whipping cream with a hand mixer until you see stiff peaks. Then add condensed milk and vanilla essence to it. Freeze the ice cream in ice cream moulds and then dip them in melted chocolate. Also, make sure to melt the chocolate on a double boiler or the chocolate will burn.
Chocobar is everyone’s favourite from kids to adults and making it is super easy. So, why not try this chocobar ice cream recipe that hardly takes any time and is a treat for all ice cream lovers.
Tips for perfect ice cream recipe
- Always use chilled ingredients to get the perfect ice cream. Like chilled whipping cream and chilled condensed milk for this recipe.
- Keep the whisk and the bowl in the freezer that you use for making ice cream. This will fasten the process.
- Slightly cool the chocolate when dipping the ice cream or else the ice cream will melt and cracks will form. It should have a pouring texture when dipping the ice cream.
- Use good quality chocolate for a rich and creamy texture.
- Make sure that ice cream is completely frozen before dipping it in melted chocolate.
- Can I make chocobar ice cream without a hand mixer?
If you don’t have an ice cream mixer then you can use a whisk to mix the ingredients. But make sure not to over mix or butter will separate from cream thus ruining the ice cream.
- What kind of chocolate should I use for this recipe?
You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate or even white chocolate for this recipe, depending on your liking. Just make sure to use good quality chocolate.
- Why are there crystals in my ice cream?
Crystals might form if you add water or milk to the ice cream. Crystals might also form if there is a sudden change in the temperature of the ice cream. So, make sure not to add watery substances to the ice cream and there should not be sudden changes in ice cream temperature.
Other ice cream recipes to try
For all the ice cream lovers- try these ice cream recipes that are super easy to make and are perfect for summer days.
- Mango ice cream recipe– this ice cream has the authentic flavour of mangoes and has no artificial ingredients. It does not require an ice cream machine and is also eggless.
- Dalgona ice cream recipe– ice cream made using instant coffee and whipping powder. This ice cream is creamy and is perfect for coffee lovers.
- Vanilla ice cream recipe– the old classic vanilla ice cream that everyone loves. It is hassle-free, eggless, creamy and super delicious.
You can also make condensed milk at home. Click the link to try this condensed milk recipe at home.
Products we use
Chocobar ice cream
- chilled bowl
- ice cream moulds
- hand mixer
For ice cream
- 500 ml whipping cream chilled
- 400 g condensed milk chilled
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For chocolate sauce
- 2 cups water for double boiler
- 150 g chocolate
- 2 tbsp. Oil
For ice cream
- Take whipping cream in a chilled bowl and beat using hand mixer until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla essence to the bowl and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream moulds.
- Close the lid and freeze for 8 hours.
For chocolate sauce
- Make a double boiler by boiling 2 cups of water in the bottom pan.
- In the top pan, add chocolate and melt it by stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 Oil to the melted chocolate and mix it well.
- Takeout the ice cream and dip the moulds in water. This will help in taking out the ice cream easily.
- Dip the ice cream in chocolate sauce completely.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Step by step Chocobar ice cream recipe with pictures
For Ice Cream
- Take 500 ml whipping cream in a chilled bowl and beat the whipping cream using a hand mixer until there are stiff peaks.
- Add 400 g chilled condensed milk and 1 tsp vanilla essence to the bowl and mix well.
- Now take the mixture and pour it into the ice cream mould.
- Close the lids of the moulds and freeze for 8 hours.
For chocolate syrup
- Make a double boiler by boiling 2 cups of water in the bottom pan. In the top pan, add 150 g chocolate and melt it by stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 tbsp oil to the melted chocolate and mix it well.
- Now take out the ice cream and dip the moulds in water. This will help in taking out the ice cream easily.
- Transfer the chocolate sauce in a glass for easy dipping and then dip the ice cream in chocolate sauce completely.
- The chocolate will harden immediately and if it doesn’t then keep it in the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- So your chocobar ice cream is ready. Serve immediately and enjoy.