Peanut butter cookies are one of the delicious and crispy snack variants that complete your meal with a cup of milk or any hot beverage of your choice. What makes this cookie delicious is that it is crispy and crunchy on the outside, while it is soft and has a melting texture inside!
Peanut butter cookies are a delicacy since the early 20th century. This cookie made it to the American cookbooks for promoting the health benefits of peanuts and the other by-products of the legume crop.
The recipe of the cookies generally has the usage of all-purpose flour to prepare the dough. But why not try them gluten-free? Here is the gluten-free version without the compromise of the deliciousness it has!
A quick look into the recipe of the cookies
Firstly, add a cup of peanut butter (smooth) with a cup of brown sugar. Secondly, add the yolk of an egg with a teaspoon of baking soda. Beat the batter well to make the cookie dough. To this dough, it is now time to add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Mix the ingredients well again. Now take little parts of the dough and roll them roughly. Meanwhile, take a baking tray and place a sheet of butter paper on the tray. Place the little dough balls on that. It is now time to bake the cookie dough at 160-degree Celsius or 320- degree Fahrenheit for 13 to 15 minutes. Enjoy these tasty cookies with a glass of milk. You can try dunking them in the milk and relish!
Why a single cookie is considered nutritious?
Apart from being tasty and crunchy with little parts of chocolate chips melting in our mouth, these peanut butter cookies are highly rich with various nutrient values. Peanut butter helps with maintaining weight or assists with weight loss plans. It reduces the risk of breast diseases and boosts the health of the cardiac system. Peanuts also help with managing blood sugar levels and this abundant source of protein guides the children and toddlers in healthy bodybuilding.
Not only the peanuts but being a gluten-free delicacy, these flourless peanut butter cookies ease the digestive system and do not stop people suffering from celiac diseases, relishing the delicacy. Also, this gluten-free cookie helps in reducing chronic inflammation, is an energy booster and this factor too aids in weight loss.
Here’s a bunch of other baked goods to try out!
A jar of delicious peanut butter gives diverse goods for the sweet tooth! Apart from peanut butter cookies, you can try baking delicious peanut butter cheesecake for your dessert or prepare a bowl of peanut butter ice cream that tops your taste buds with salted caramel. You can also bake a cake from the infamous combo of peanut butter and jelly!
Here are some other cookies and desserts to treat your taste buds! Do not forget to try these recipes!
Nankhatai– A traditional Indian cookie prepared from chickpea dough, powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
Mango no-bake cheesecake– This eggless cheesecake having mango pulp and cream cheese as its main ingredients do not require baking!
Vanilla cupcakes– This famous American muffin can be prepared eggless and make a great platter for kids’ parties!
Lamingtons– This light spongy cake drenched in dense and rich chocolate syrup makes a great addition to your dessert or baking platter!
Additional tips to make and bake your peanut butter cookies!
- Firstly, if you want to curate the cookies eggless, you can add 1 tbsp of flaxseed with 3 tbsp of water.
- Secondly, you can prepare the cookies in a typical way by adding flour. Make sure that you add the yolk of two eggs and the required amount of baking soda. Also, adding a little amount of butter apart from its presence in the peanut butter will make the dough more soft and smooth!
- You can add oatmeal, nuts and raisins too, along with or in the place of choco chips! A highly nutritious and delicious cookie on your plate!
- You can also add powdered sugar along with brown sugar to the recipe. While the former is a sweetening agent, the latter gives the lightness and cakey texture to the cookie dough along with the sweetness. For a healthier option, you can replace powdered sugar with palm sugar or jaggery too!
- Some people add a little pinch of salt crystals to the cookie balls just before baking them, to balance the sweetness and give a flaky texture to the cookies. Try this tip and share your opinion!
The video of baking peanut butter cookies
The printable version of the recipe
Peanut butter cookies
- 1 Cup Peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Choco chips
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg It's yolk; large
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of peanut butter.
- To that, add 1 cup of brown sugar and an egg's yolk.
- Finally, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the mix and blend them well.
- Then add 1/2 cup of choco chips to the cookie dough prepared. Mix all the ingredients well and good.
- Now take small and substantial parts of the dough and roll them into small balls roughly.
- Place the balls in a baking tray that is covered with a sheet of butter paper.
- Now, place this tray of cookie balls in the oven.
- Bake them at 160° C or 320° F for 15 minutes.
- You will see the flattening of the cookie dough balls and them turning crispy.
- When ready, take them out and serve them with a glass of milk.
Elaborate instructions on making the peanut butter cookies
- Firstly, take a bowl and add a cup of peanut butter to that.
- Then add a cup of brown sugar and the yolk of an egg. This retains the fluffiness on the inner part of the cookie.
- To this, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Give them a nice mix.
- Finally, add 1/2 cup of choco chips to the mix.
- These are the ingredients that complete the gluten-free cookie dough. Mix them well.
- Now take small and substantial parts of the dough. Roll them roughly into little ball-like structures.
- Then, place the cookie dough balls on a baking tray that is spread with a sheet of butter paper.
- Bake the cookie dough at 160-degree Celsius or 320-degree Fahrenheit. Bake them for 15 minutes.
- When ready, take the cookies out and let them cool at room temperature.
- In conclusion, serve these tasty and crunchy peanut butter cookies with a glass of milk or any hot beverage of your choice.