Nankhatai is popular traditional Indian cookies, prepared with clarified butter, all purpose flour, chickpea flour, powder sugar and cardamom powder.
Nankhatai is an authentic Indian eggless cookies, take me back to the my childhood, it was our one of the best tea time snacks. I happen to visit near by cafe where they make fresh and delicious nankhatai. I never thought of making one for myself upto now, it suddenly dawned on me to try one and let you everyone also take a bite of it. Well, of course, you may need to get your hands on recipe to make one for you or your kids or your husband. I am sure your spouse will be go hunky dory if you make one today for your spouse.
So let’s follow my easy and simple recipe to make nankhati.
Printable recipe –
Nankhatai recipe step by step with photos –
1. Take a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup of ghee and 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
2. Beat the clarified butter and sugar with whisk until it turn light and fluffy, it take around 2-3 minutes to get perfect fluffy texture.
3. Once you get fluffy texture. Sieve following ingredient directly to bowl, 1 cup of all purpose flour(maida), 1/4th cup of gram flour, 2 tbsp semolina, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/3 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp cardamom powder.
4. Gently mix all ingredient with the help of spatula.
5. Gently bring together a whole mixture, it will become like a dough. If mixture is crumbly or dry add 2-3 spoon of milk.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
7. Place parchment paper on the baking tray and keep it ready to avoid an unnecessary mass at last moment.
8. Remove mixture from the refrigerator, take a small portion from dough , roll between your palm and slightly press it.
9. Place nankhatai dough balls on a baking tray.
10. Leave enough space between nankhatai dough balls to allow expansion.
11. Place a pistachio in the middle of each cookie, pressing it down lightly.
12. Bake nankhati in to the ovan at 180 degree C / 360 degree F for 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Allow the cookies to cool down completely.
14. Utterly butterly delicious nankhatai is ready, you can enjoy these delicious cookies with tea.
Nankhatai having better shelf life you can store them in to airtight container and enjoy for a month or two.
If you tried this amazing yet simple nankhatai recipe, please come back here and let me know in comment how you liked it.