The staple breakfast of North India
Paneer paratha recipe is one of the classic versions of the paratha or atta roti we eat. Since wheat is a staple crop, this stuffed roti is a delicious breakfast to make your day wholesome. It’s one of the famous stuffed paratha in India.
Making paneer paratha is pretty easy. All you have to do is prepare the wheat dough and stuff them with paneer mixture. You can have pickle and curd alongside this. Having this plate of breakfast hot with melting butter makes the dish even delicious!
Now let us have a look at how to prepare paneer first, followed by making the paneer paratha.
How to make paneer at home?
Firstly, let us learn to make paneer at home for the paneer paratha. For this, take 4 cups of milk . Let it boil and add a teaspoon of lime juice, mix until it curdles. Then take the curdled milk and strain it. The paneer collects onto the straining cloth.
Secondly, for the paneer paratha, prepare the atta dough just like for the chappathis and rotis. Meanwhile, mash the prepared paneer and that, add green chillies, ginger and spices to make the stuffing. Now place the stuffing in the dough balls and flatten them. Finally, cook the stuffed rotis by applying ghee on either side till they become soft and fluffy.
Serve the paneer parathas hot with mixed pickle, butter and curd.
Other breakfast recipes for you to try and taste!
Along with paneer paratha, now it is time for you to elongate the list for your morning breakfast ideas with these special breakfast recipes we have for you! Also, you can make various stuffings with aloo (potatoes), pyaaz (onions), and lachcha (plain version).
Here are other breakfast recipes to make your mornings more energetic!
Tandoori aloo paratha– Soft atta rotis with spicy potato curry stuffings.
Instant bread idli– Tasty and healthy idlis with an enhanced softness from the bread in the batter.
Moong dal cheela– Another healthy breakfast option of making thin crepes from moong dal batter.
Atta cheela– A conventional and classic wheat rotis!
Hara bhara poha– Mint and greens poha upma! A savour breakfast that is a satisfying bowl for an active start to one’s day!
Pro tips to make Paneer paratha recipe
- Firstly, knead the wheat dough for paratha softer. Do not leave it too sticky too! A simple solution is, adding the accurate amount of oil or a spoonful of ghee. You can also add an ample amount of butter while kneading.
- Secondly, you can also add a cup of finely chopped onions to the paneer stuffing. This enhances the taste of the paratha.
- Also, you can make paneer cheese paratha by adding grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- When preparing homemade paneer, pour a little amount of cold water over curdled milk on the muslin cloth before squeezing out the water to avoid burning .
- You can have any kind of pickle on its side like mango, mixed, veg and tomato. While having a bowl of curd, you can always modify that into a bowl of raita according to your taste.
Video for making paneer paratha
Printable recipe card for paneer paratha
Preparing homemade paneer
- 4 cups Milk
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 2 cups Wheat flour Atta
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Whey water Strained water from prepared paneer
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Green chilli paste
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Amchoor Dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Coriander leaves Handful
- Ghee To apply on the paratha
Curating paneer at home
- First, take 4 cups of milk in a pan and let it boil.
- When the milk bubbles, add 2 tsp of lime juice and let it continue boiling. Give a consistent stir.
- The milk starts to curdle. Now transfer the curdled milk onto a muslin cloth and strain the whey liquid.
- The curdled lumps collect on the muslin cloth. Twist and tighten the cloth and keep it under a heavy object for 30 minutes.
- Save the strained water for kneading purposes.
Making paneer stuffing and paratha
- Meanwhile, take 2 cups of atta and add a tsp of oil and salt. Mix them well.
- To this, add the whey and knead the dough well. Let it rest well for 10 minutes.
- Take the collected paneer from the cloth and mash them. To this, add a tsp of green chilli paste and ginger paste with 1/2 a tsp of salt.
- Then add a tsp of red chilli powder and amchoor powder with 1/2 tsp of garam masala and coriander powder.
- Finally, add a handful of coriander leaves and mix everything well. Your paneer stuffing is ready.
- Now make the atta dough into balls and roll them into a sheet of rotis. Place the stuffing on that and enclose the dough sheet again into a ball. Now roll the sheet again into rotis.
- Cook the stuffed roti sheets on both sides by applying oil. Your paneer paratha is ready.
- Add some butter on hot parathas and have these with a mix pickle and a bowl of curd for your morning breakfast!
Detailed instructions of the recipe with images
- To start with making the paneer, take 4 cups of milk and start boiling.
- Secondly, add 2 tsp of lime juice to it. Let the milk curdle.
- Then collect the curdled milk onto a muslin cloth. Strain them to collect the whey liquid. Now wrap the cloth with the remaining lumps. Let it tighten. Leave the cloth wrap under a heavy object for 30 minutes.
- Your paneer is ready for the paneer paratha.
- Meanwhile, take 2 cups of atta (wheat flour) and add a tsp of oil and salt to it.
- Start kneading the dough by adding the collected whey water. Let the kneaded dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Thirdly, take the prepared paneer and mash it.
- To this add a tsp of green chilli and ginger paste. Following these, add 1/2 a tsp of salt with a tsp of red chilli powder and amchoor powder.
- Finally, add 1/2 tsp of garam masala and coriander powder with a handful of coriander leaves. Your paneer stuffing is ready for the paratha.
- Now make the dough into little dough balls and roll them into small circles.
- Now place the stuffing in the circular sheets and close them into balls again.
- Then roll the balls such that, the stuffing is spread evenly inside.
- Finally, cook the parathas on both sides by applying ghee.
- In conclusion, serve these soft paneer parathas hot and fluffy with butter, curd and mix pickle on its side.