Veg club sandwich
This veg club sandwich recipe is just like the famous club sandwiches that you love eating at your favourite restaurants or cafes. The recipe is healthy, delicious and can be ready in minutes. In our recipe, the ingredients of the sandwich are into 2 layers. Both the layers of this sandwich have a special filling which is made using cabbage, carrot, capsicum and mayo. The first layer has sliced onions, cucumbers along with the filling. The second layer also has the filling along with sliced tomatoes, some cabbage and mayo.
These sandwiches are filling and are perfect for children. You could make these for breakfast, a picnic or simply pack these sandwiches in your lunch box. So, do try this amazingly delicious veg club sandwich recipe right now.
What is a club sandwich?
A club sandwich or a clubhouse sandwich is recognised by its three bread layers. The layers are secured with toothpicks and cut into halves or quarters. A traditional club sandwich is similar to a BLT but also includes ham, turkey, cheese and mayo. Of course, there are various versions of this famous club sandwich most of which contain meat. But in this recipe, we have made the vegetarian version of the classic club sandwich which is made using veggies like cabbage, carrot, onion, cucumber, tomato, capsicum and also mayonnaise.
More sandwich recipes to try
If you liked the club sandwich recipe then do give these other recipes a try-
- Spinach corn sandwich recipe– it is healthy, delicious and also super easy to make.
- Grilled cheese sandwich– the sandwich is super delicious and has crushed garlic in it thus tasting like garlic bread.
- Tomato pepper sandwich recipe– this recipe only requires tomatoes and are perfect for those hunger pangs.
- chilli cheese sandwich recipe– a combination of melted cheese and spicy chilli is too perfect to be missed.
If you want to make your bread at home then try out this recipe- Sandwich bread recipe
Click on the links to read the recipes in detail.
Tips for perfect veg club sandwich
- You can replace white bread with any kind of bread- brown bread, whole wheat bread or multigrain bread.
- Skip the cabbage if you want in your club sandwich.
- You can also use cheese slices or grated cheese to make the sandwich more cheesy.
Is toasting the bread necessary for club sandwich ?
Toasted bread gives a crispy texture to the sandwich. But if you want you can directly toast the sandwich rather than toasting beforehand or not toast it at all.
Can we switch mayonnaise to some other ingredients ?
Yes, if you do not wish to use mayo then you can switch it with hung curd or any cheese spread you like.
Products we use
veg club sandwich recipe
- sandwich griller
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 cup capsicum sliced
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 pieces white bread
- 1 + 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- shredded cabbage as required
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Add cabbage, capsicum, carrot, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside.
- Take 3 slices of white bread and cut the sides of the bread.
- Grill the bread slices until brown.
- Spread 1 tbsp ketchup evenly on one slice of bread.
- Add prepared stuffing to the bread. Also add sliced cucumber and onions.
- Cover with another bread slice and add more stuffing on the bread.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cabbage on top.
- Take one more slice of bread and spread ketchup and mayonnaise on it.
- Cover the sandwich with this bread slice and insert some toothpicks in the corner.
- Cut the sandwich in half. Serve and enjoy.
Step by step instructions for veg club sandwich with pictures
- Add 2 cups cabbage, 1 cup capsicum, 1 cup carrot, 4 tbsp mayonnaise to a bowl and mix everything well.
- Add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper and mix everything again. Keep it aside.
- Take 3 pieces white bread and cut the sides of the bread.
- Grill them in a sandwich griller until they become brown.
- Now take out the bread pieces and apply 1 Tbsp of ketchup on the bread slice. Spread it nice and even.
- Add the stuffing that you prepared for the club sandwich to the bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Add sliced cucumber and sliced onion to the bread and cover it with another bread piece.
- Now add some more stuffing on the bread which is on the top and spread it.
- Add sliced tomatoes and shredded cabbage on top.
- Now take one more slice of bread and spread 1 Tbsp ketchup and 1 Tbsp mayonnaise on it.
- Cover the sandwich with this bread slice to make the sandwich.
- Insert toothpicks in the corner to retain the shape of the sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich in half and so your delicious veg club sandwich is now ready.