Shakarkandi halwa or sweet potato halwa or shakarkand ka halwa is one of the most popular dessert recipe people make it during vrat or fast. Sweet potato is one of the most healthiest food as it is rich in Vitamin A. It’s also a good source of vitamin C and B6. Shakarkand or sweet potato is also sweet in taste so it only requires very less amount of sugar to it.
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
Shakarkandi halwa recipe with step by step photos –
- Wash the sweet potatoes and make a little cut in the middle, all the way round and microwave it for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Peel off the skip of sweet potatoes and mash it using a fork.
- Now heat ghee or clarified butter in a pan. Add finely chopped cashews and almonds to it. Roast it for one minute on medium heat.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes to it. Mix well and cook it until it comes together on medium heat. It will take 10-12 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Now add cardamom powder and sugar to it. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.