A healthy breakfast for an energetic day!
The egg muffins recipe is one of the healthy breakfast options and is one of the classic breakfast recipes. In short, it is a cuppy cake version of the conventional vegetable omelette!
This easy and simple recipe helps you prepare a quick breakfast in a rush-hour morning. All you have to do is, saute the veggies, add them to the muffins tray with the egg mixture and bake! Kids will love this delicious and nutritious recipe because of its fluffy texture and savoury taste.
Now let us have a look at how to bake the egg frittata muffins.
A quick bite of the egg muffins recipe
Firstly, add a tsp of oil to a pan with a cup of finely chopped onion. Saute the onions well till they turn translucent or golden brown. Then add a cup of diced red and green bell peppers and let it cook till the raw smell fades away. Following these additions, it is now time to add the mushrooms and baby spinach with 1/2 a tsp of salt. Cook all the ingredients well. Finally, add 1/2 a tsp of garlic granules, oregano, black pepper powder and chilli flakes. The vegetable mix for the egg frittata cups is ready!
Secondly, let us prepare the egg mixture for the egg muffins recipe. For this, take 4 eggs and pour the white and yolk into a bowl. To this, add 2 tbsp of milk and whisk them well. Then add 1/2 a tsp of salt and whisk the mix again. The egg mixture is ready. Finally, take a muffin baking tray and add the vegetables to each tray. Pour the egg mixture into each vegetable tray till they fill them. Then bake the mix at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 Fahrenheit for 18- 20 minutes.
The egg muffins are ready to be relished!
Other healthy breakfast recipes to keep you active all day!
Breakfast is the king of meals! And it is mandatory to eat breakfast like a king! Just like the egg muffins recipe, here is a list of healthy-cum-delicious breakfasts that you can try making!
Hara bhara poha– A delicious and spicy poha recipe that can be made in a flash!
Paneer paratha– Traditional Punjabi breakfast with the filling of grated spicy paneer curry into buttery atta crepes.
Veg club sandwich– Layers of bread sandwiched with loads of veggies, cheese and mayo.
French toast rolls– A perfect breakfast recipe for a sweet tooth group. Classic french toasts rolled with sugar and jam.
Atta cheela– Simple and easy to make thin wheat crepes.
Additional tips for making egg muffins
- Firstly, you can add any kind of vegetables to the egg cups. The more, the merrier.
- Adding any sort of vegetable not only enhances the taste of the dish, but also the nutrition factor of the condiment.
- Secondly, the addition of red or yellow bell peppers is based on availability. You can skip them too.
- Thirdly, before baking the egg frittata muffins, you can add spring onions or coriander too!
- The addition of grated mozzarella or processed cheese makes the dish more delicious and drooling!
- You can substitute garlic granules with crushed garlic or garlic powder. Also, you can add pasta or pizza seasoning instead of adding oregano and chilli flakes separately.
- Finally, let us have a look at how to make the egg muffins recipe without an oven! After preparing the mixed vegetables and the egg mixture, pour them into the muffins tray. Then pre-heat a pan and place a stand in it. Now place the muffins tray onto the stand and bake them by closing the pan for 15-20 minutes. When done, serve the egg cups!
The video of making egg muffins recipe
Print the recipe here!
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Onion Small, finely chopped
- 100 g Capsicum Red and green, small dices
- 48 g Mushroom
- 20 g Baby spinach
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- As the first step, add a tsp of oil to a pan.
- Then add a cup of small and finely chopped onion. Saute the onion till it turns golden brown or translucent.
- To this, add a cup of small red and green bell peppers and saute them well till the raw smell goes away.
- Now, add the mushrooms and a cup of baby spinach with 1/2 a tsp of salt. Mix all the ingredients well. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Finally, add 1/2 a tsp of garlic granules, oregano, black pepper powder and chilli flakes. Cook all the ingredients well a minute and keep the sauteed veggies aside.
- Secondly, take 4 eggs. Pour the egg white and yolk into a flask. Whisk it well. Then add 2 tbsp of salt and whisk the solution well.
- Now take a muffin tray and add the vegetables to each cup. Pour the egg mixture into each vegetable cup till they fill the rim.
- When done, bake the muffins at 180°C or 356°F for 18- 20 minutes.
- The egg muffins are ready to make their way to your breakfast table!
Detailed instructions of making egg frittata muffins step by step with images
- Firstly, take a pan and add a tsp of oil to it.
- Then add a cup of one small finely chopped onion. Saute the onion well till they turn golden brown or translucent.
- Following this, add a cup of red and green bell peppers and let it cook till the raw smell fades away. Finally, for the vegetable stuff, add mushrooms and a cup of baby spinach.
- At last, season the vegetables in the pan with 1/2 a tsp of oregano, salt, black pepper powder, and chilli flakes. Mix all the ingredients well and store them aside.
- Secondly, for the egg muffins recipe, take 4 eggs and pour the whites and yolk into a bowl.
- Then add 2 tbsp of milk and whisk it well. Now add 1/2 a tsp of salt and whisk again. The mixture for the egg cups is ready.
- Thirdly, add the vegetables in portions into the muffins tray and pour the egg mixture onto each one of them till they fill each cup of the tray.
- Finally, bake them at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes. The muffins are all set to be relished!