Bread gulab jamun is a super easy and quick recipe. Its even easier than instant gulab jamun using milk powder. The taste of this bread gulab jamun is more like shahi tukda, which I absolutely love.
In this recipe I have used white bread since it gives a good colour after frying. But if you want to make it more healthy you can use brown bread also. Do not use multigrain bread as it has flex seeds and pumpkin seeds which will not result in the smooth dough.
For making bread gulab jamun all you need is white bread, fresh cream and milk. The process of making sugar syrup is same as we do in regular gulab jamun. I have used 10 white breads which results in 15 small bread gulab jamun. I made mini gulab jamun, you can make little bigger balls to make big gulab jamun.
Check out my instant gulab jamun recipe also –
- Instant gulab jamun recipe
Hope you like this bread gulab jamun recipe from my kitchen. Let me know how do you like it in the comment section below. Enjoy!
Watch video –
Printable recipe –
Detailed recipe with step by step photos –
- Heat sugar, water, cardamom and saffron in a pan. [adinserter block=”14″]
- Boil it until one string consistency is achieved. Keep checking in between. Turn off the heat when done.
- Take white breads and cut off it’s sides. Grind it to make a fine powder.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add fresh cream to it. Add milk to knead a soft and smooth dough.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll it to make small ball. Prepare all the balls at once.
- Fry it in oil/ghee on medium heat until golden/dark brown. Stir continuously.
- Take it out when done and dip it directly into hot sugar syrup. Cover it for 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the cover and serve cold or hot. Bon Appetite.