Cold coffee at home- café style cold coffee
Sometimes all you need on a summer day is a glass of creamy and satisfying cold coffee. This heavenly drink is loved by everyone especially kids. But what is better than making your favourite cold coffee at home just like your favourite café or even better. All you need is a few ingredients from your pantry- milk, coffee, sugar, ice cream and your perfect cold coffee will be ready in just a few minutes.
Cold coffee is a famous beverage that has a creamy froth on its top. This recipe will help you make a café-style creamy and frothy cold coffee. The recipe is just as appealing and delicious as your favourite Starbucks coffee. Moreover, this drink is creamy, easy to make and inexpensive so you don’t have to spend those extra bucks on cold coffee again.
Also, do read the tips to make your cold coffee heavenly and creamier than ever. So, try the recipe right now and impress your friends with this creamy and delicious heavenly drink.
If you are bored with the plain old iced coffee then you can serve it with some delicious toppings. So, here are a few toppings to upgrade your simple coffee-
- Syrups– You can use syrups like vanilla or pumpkin.
- Sauce– Upgrade it with chocolate, caramel or butterscotch flavoured sauces.
- Ice cream– Ice creams pair well with cold coffee. So, you can add vanilla and chocolate ice creams.
- Use whipping cream or Nutella so that you get a deliciously rich cold beverage.
- You can add toppings like rainbow or chocolate sprinkles, chocolate chips or chocolate shavings for decoration.
Tips for how to make frosty cold coffee at home
- Use full-fat chilled milk so that the cold coffee is creamy and frosty.
- You can adjust the amount of coffee powder to make it stronger.
- Add more chocolate syrup or grated chocolate to make it more chocolatey.
- Serve fresh or the froth on top will disappear if kept longer.
How to make cold coffee without a blender?
If you don’t have a blender then you can use a shaker bottle or simply a mason jar with a lid. Add all your ingredients to the shaker bottle or jar and shake well for about 2 minutes. This will make perfect froth without using a blender.
Can I make this cold coffee vegan?
Yes, you can substitute milk with any plant based milk to make it vegan- soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk etc. But the coffee will not be as thick and frothy as with full fat milk.
How can I make it creamier and frothy?
To make the coffee creamier and frothy add some more vanilla ice cream to your coffee. You can also switch the ice cubes with more ice cream to make a frothy and creamy cold coffee.
How to make thick and frothy cold coffee without ice cream?
To make thick coffee use full-fat milk. You can also substitute ice cubes with frozen milk cubes so as not to water down your coffee and make it thicker.
Other coffee recipes to try
People love having coffee and experimenting with it too. This is why the creamy and satisfying beverage now comes in many forms. If this rich and creamy beverage is your favourite then do give these other recipes a try as well.
- Dalgona coffee– This coffee is a lockdown special recipe. It is prepared by beating coffee with sugar until it becomes frothy.
- Dalgona ice cream– This super creamy and delicious ice cream is made with instant coffee and whipping powder. It is easy to make since it does not require an ice cream machine.
Also check out the vanilla ice cream recipe which can be used to make this recipe as well.
Products we use
creamy cold coffee recipe
- chilled glass
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 8 pieces ice cubes
- chocolate syrup
- Grated chocolate
- Mix instant coffee with hot water. Let it cool
- Add coffee mixture, sugar, milk. chocolate syrup in a blender. Blend for 1 minute
- Add vanilla ice cream and ice cubes. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Take more chocolate syrup and spread on inside of a chilled glass.
- Add the prepared cold coffee to the glass and top with spoonful of froth.
- Add grated chocolate for garnishing.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Step by step instructions to make cold coffee with pictures
- Take 2 tbsp instant coffee and mix it with ¼ cup hot water. Let it cool so that you can add it to the blender.
- Add the coffee mixture, 3 Tbsp sugar, 2 cups milk, 1 Tbsp chocolate syrup in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Add 1 scoop vanilla ice cream and 8 ice cubes to the blender. Then blend for 30 seconds more to combine everything.
- Take some more chocolate syrup and spread it on the inside of the glass to decorate the glass. Move the glass a little bit so that the inside of glass is covered with chocolate sauce.
- Add the prepared coffee to the chilled glass and top the coffee with a spoonful of froth.
- Add some grated chocolate and your creamy and delicious cold coffee is now ready. Serve chilled and enjoy!