Milk cake –
Milk cake is classic indian sweet dish. It is prepared with only two ingredient, milk and sugar. It has very soft and mouth melting texture. This mouth watering delicious dish taste best when you have them freshly made.
Milk cake generally prepared at home during festivals. It is very simple to make and can be prepared with easily available ingredient. Recipe is little time taking but you can make it perfect in your first attempt.
In this recipe I will show you how you can prepare this simple and delicious dish at home step by step with photos.
Shelf life and storing –
As it is purely milk product, it does not have good shelf life, so consume it within 2-3 days. Always store it to fridge in to a close box.
Watch video –
Milk cake recipe step by step photos –
- Heat a deep big pan. Add 2 liters of milk.
- Stir occasionally. Take it to boil.
- Cook milk on medium heat and reduce it to the half.
- Continuously cook on medium heat and reduce it to the 1/3rd and then 1/4th.
- When milk is reduce to 1/4th and thicken, add 1/2 tsp of lime juice.
- Stir continuously on low heat, because of lime juice it will start curdle.
- Stir continuously, when milk thicken add 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Let it simmer on low heat and mix with spatula until sugar dissolve completely.
- Add rest of the sugar (2 tbsp) and mix until sugar dissolve.
- Now add 2 tbsp of clarified butter/ghee, mix it well on medium heat.
- Stir continuously and again add 1 tbsp of clarified butter/ghee.
- Mix until mixture become thick and comes together.
- Now transfer mixture to greased baking tray. If you do not have baking tray use any small container and grease it with clarified butter/ ghee.
- Gently shake and slightly tap it against kitchen counterpart so it can set properly.
- Cover and leave it for 20 minutes so it can set.
- After 20 minutes uncover and take it out from baking tray by flipping it to any flat surface.
- Start cutting it to the desired shape and size.
- Delicious milk cake or kalakand is ready.