Mysore Pak –
Mysore pak is an Indian sweet dessert, prepared with gram flour, clarified butter and sugar syrup. It is originated in Mysore in the Indian state of Karnataka . It is made of good amounts of clarified butter, sugar and gram flour, and cardamom added for flavour. The texture of this sweet is similar to fudge.Generally it needs more muscles work to get this sweet in right texture.
In this recipe i will show recipe of mysore pak step by step with photo.
Watch Video –
Printable recipe –
Mysore pak recipe step by step with photo –
- In a mixing bowl sieve 1 cup gram. flour(besan) keep it aside.
- Heat a pan add 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of ghee(clarified butter). Heat it on low flame. ghee has to be hot when adding in besan (gram flour mixture) so let it simmer.
- Take a pan add 1.5 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of water, stir continuously to until sugar completely dissolve and make 1 string consistency sugar syrup.
- When syrup reached to the desired consistency start adding gram flour little at a time. Do not add all in one time, add measured gram flour in 3-4 parts.
- First add some besan and stir continuously until it completely dissolve in to sugar syrup.
- Repeat the process with rest of the besan (gram flour).
- Now start adding hot oil and ghee mixture in to besan paste, this also need to be add in parts.
- Take one serving spoon of hot oil and ghee mixture and add to the gram paste, oil and ghee mixture should be hot and when you add it to the besan mixture you hear sizzled sound.
- Stir until it completely dissolve, you will see lots of bubble forming in the mixture when you add hot oil and ghee mixture.
- Repeat same process with the rest of oil and ghee mixture with non stop stirring.
- In low medium heat continuous cook besan with nonstop stirring. Also keep scrap the besan from the sides of the pan.
- When oil and ghee mixture completely dissolve. Mixture start to leave side of the pan and rise up ( porous texture) switch off the heat.
- Immediately after switching off heat, transfer mixture to the greased tray.
- Spread and gently press with spatula, to make smooth and evenly surface.
- Now with the help of knife cut them into desired shape and size.
- When cool down completely store in to the air tight container.
mysore pak has good shelf life, it can stay fresh in cool and dry place.