Lachha Paratha is an Indian multi layered flat bread. Plain paratha and Lachha paratha both are made with commonly used ingredient but technique of making lachha paratha is different.
In this recipe I will show you how to make lachha paratha step by step with photos. This recipe is super easy and quick. You don’t need to be an expert for making this.
Lachha Paratha can be prepared plain or stuffed like paneer lachha paratha, aloo(potato) lachha paratha, Onion lachha paratha are some popular types of stuffed lachha paratha.
Paratha is considered to be staple food in India. We tend to eat parathas days and nights, it is one of the favourite item to pack, if you are preparing lunchbox for kids or for your spouse. If it is topped up with butter then paratha just becomes tastiest possible paratha in the world.
Lachha paratha is multi layered paratha, it is more crispy and flaky than plain paratha, it can be accompanied with any thick gravy like paneer butter masala, palak paneer, paneer tikka masala, malai kofta, shahi paneer , chicken tikka masala.
Printable recipe –
Lachha paratha recipe step by step with photos –
- Add wheat flour, all purpose flour, semolina in a mixing bowl.
- Add powder sugar and salt mix all ingredient well.
- Add little water as needed to knead a soft dough. Cover and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Take a portion from the dough, roll between your palm and gently flatten it.
- Dip into the flour and start rolling. Roll dough ball to a thin and evenly circle about 7-8 inch diameter.
- Apply some ghee and spread all over the surface. Sprinkle flour on the top you can use small strainer to sprinkle it evenly.
- For making layers hold edge of paratha, fold backward and then forward such that, top edge remains on top. keep on pleating whole circle with the same process.( Fold it like paper fan).
- Gently press it, now you have pleated dough. hold one side of dough and gently stretch it.
- Hold one edge and tightly roll pleated dough in the form of swiss roll or spiral. Gently flatten it.
- Apply ghee on rolled dough, cover and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Start rolling it again, Roll it into a circle of 5-6 inch diameter.
- Gently pickup and place on to the hot tawa, cook for a minute and flip to the other side, apply some oil.
- Flip it again and apply oil, press with spatula and cook paratha to both sides.
- When you start seeing brown spots to the both sides of paratha, take it out the from tawa. Repeat same process with rest of the dough.
- Layered paratha is ready. you can have the with paneer butter masala, paneer tikka masala.